Available Volunteer Opportunities:
Preparing and/or Serving Community Meals
Distributing Meals/Handing Out Food
Duration: Weekend morning and afternoons are available as well as occasional weekday evenings. Weekly commitments are available and encouraged, as well as opportunities for volunteering once a month or less.
Depending on your role and location where you are serving, your tasks may include:
* Lifting, carrying, setting up and taking down tables and chairs
* Setting up food
* Shopping for meal ingredients with funds provided
* Leading provision of a meal with 2-3 other volunteers/program staff with provided ingredients
* Prepping, cooking and serving meals
* Scheduling "meal trains"
* Stocking food "stations"
* Welcoming community members and interacting with them
* Sweeping or vacuuming
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* 20 years or older (only for Men's Transitional Home)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* A "people person"/good customer service
* Responsible, Organized, Dependable
* Patient and friendly
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus
* Have cooking and meal prep/service skills (for meal prep role)
* QFO (Qualified Food Operator) certification a plus)
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Consider Being an Administrative...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Provide Worship Music at...
- Do You Love Acting? Consider...
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Intake Assistance Needed!
- Are You Creative? Craft...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Help Advertise for...
- Are You Fun-Loving? Game...
- Help Prepare & Serve Food for...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!