Available Volunteer Opportunity:
Duration: Weekday afternoon hours are available.
Depending on your tasks may include:
* Providing emotional encouragement and building intentional relationships with children and youth
* Helping elementary-aged children finish their homework
* Handing out the provided snack
* Assisting with crafts, games, or Bible stories
* Interacting with students and parents
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help children and youth achieve academic success, develop character and be supported through healthy relationships.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* In 9th grade or older
* Able to show love and patience towards children
* Ability to assist elementary-age students with homework
* Prepared to comply with and submit information for a background check
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Do You Have a Heart to Serve?...
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Breakfast Coordinators Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...