Join Jewish Family Service in eliminating hunger among San Diego seniors. One in five residents in San Diego County experiences food insecurity, and isn't sure where their next meal will come from. The second Wednesday of each month from 11:30am-2pm volunteers will coordinate a free Farmer's Market for older adults. You'll receive produce, help set up the market, distribute produce to older adults and help them think of creative ideas on how to prepare the food, and help clean up at the end of the market.
This is a perfect volunteer opportunity for small groups of 2-4 volunteers!
This fresh market ensures that vulnerable seniors in our community have access to nutritious produce, with the dignity of shopping for themselves conveniently at the College Avenue Center. College Avenue Social & Wellness Center is one of three thriving JFS older adult centers. Hundreds of participants enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hours monthly
- Interested volunteers should complete an application online at www.jfssd.org/volapp.
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Food Drive Assistant
- Development Administrative...
- Food Drive Volunteer
- St. Paul's Distribution Volunteer
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Workshop Facilitator
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Bingo Caller
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Cafe-rista
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...
- Merchandising & Stocking...
- Public Transportation Navigator