DONATE TO THIS
53 people are interested
Volunteer Interview & Placement Team Member
DONATE TO THIS
53 people are interested
The Volunteer Interview and Placement Team identifies, interviews and places candidates for positions within Wells Bring Hope (WBH). Since WBH is an all-volunteer organization, this is one of the most critical teams for our organization. Our team is also in charge of putting together the monthly volunteer newsletter (which is done by a separate volunteer). We have scripts for interviewing and the team works closely together.
- Excellent oral communication
- Reliable and responsible at responding to e-mails
- Good judgment regarding people
- Good organizational skills
- Great computer skills (Gmail, Word, Excel, Dropbox)
- Available for about 3-5 hours/month on average
- Small amount of data entry (of information about each volunteer)
Responsibilities of Volunteer Management Team Member:
- Learn and stay up to date about the goals, needs and development model of Wells Bring Hope
- Review resumes of candidates, interview candidates for volunteer positions, and match skills with current needs of our organization
- Address any questions potential volunteers might have
- Establish ongoing relationship with team managers for whom you are recruiting team members
- Enter candidates into our online database and organize relevant professional information into file sharing platform
- Attend virtual team meetings (usually 1x/month for 30 minutes). Ideally, this person should be located in North America so we can all be in nearby time zones.
- Help update our onboarding workflows as appropriate
- Share ideas with the team about new ways to reach out to potential volunteers
- Assist with active volunteer communications
Who are we?
Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. We are committed to saving lives with safe water and providing sustainable solutions to transform lives for generations to come. The burden of finding water falls upon women and girls who walk miles every day to find water. It means that girls are unable to attend school and women have no time to work and earn money for their families.
We are an all-volunteer organization, with just one paid employee, and so we place a very high value on those who want to work with us. The work of our volunteers is more than just "a drop in the bucket." It is the lifeblood of our organization. Volunteers bring their passion and dedication to our team and for that, we are a very fortunate.
For more information, please go to our at www.wellsbringhope.org or visit us on Facebook or contact email@example.com
About Wells Bring Hope
16563 Park Lane Circle, Los Angeles, CA 90049, US
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water and sanitation to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. Our Mission: Saving lives with safe water.
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa. Niger is a place where contaminated water kills innocent victims, most often infants and young children.
One out of seven children will die before the age of 5
40% have trachoma, which leads to blindness when untreated
85% of women cannot read or write
There is more to this sad story. The burden of getting water falls upon women and girls, who walk 4-6 back-breaking miles every day of their lives to find water. The result? Girls don't go to school--they must help their mothers with this difficult task. Women have no time to work to earn money to improve their quality of life.
When a well is drilled, 250-300 ft. into the ground, lives are transformed instantly. They have hope for their future.
Water-borne diseases are virtually eliminated
Child mortality drops by 70+%.
Education becomes a reality for girls.
Women are given micro-financing tools and education, which enables them to start small businesses and help provide for their families.
Founded in March 2008, Wells Bring Hope is an all volunteer, grass-roots organization. To see how many wells we've drilled and how many lives we've transformed, go to www.wellsbringhope.org/
While we have specific opportunities listed here, we are flexible and open to new ideas.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 14, 2021
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Relationship Building
- About 1-2 hours per week
- Reliable, responsible, good people skills, responsive over electronic communications