We are looking for someone to work with our Volunteer Management Team to interview (via phone and SKYPE) and place candidates for positions with Wells Bring Hope. This is one of the most critical positions for our organization.
- Excellent oral communication skills (listening, speaking)
- Reliable and responsible re responding to emails
- Good judgement regarding people
- Good organizational skills
- Computer skills (email, Internet, Word, Excel, Dropbox)
- Available 1-2 hours per week on average
Responsibilities of Volunteer Management Team:
- Track volunteer needs for the organization and place recruitment ads on Volunteer Match as needed.
- Review resumes of candidates, interview candidates for volunteer positions, and match with current needs of our organization. Address any questions volunteers might have. Create a writeup summarizing your impressions of the candidate.
- Place selected candidate with the appropriate manager. Provide the manager with the nominee’s resume and your writeup of your impressions. Suggest how to best incorporate the volunteer into the team. Establish ongoing relationship with team directors and managers for whom you are recruiting team members.
- Maintain online database of volunteers.
- Attend virtual half hour meetings twice a month with the other four members of the Volunteer Management Team.
Who are we? Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. We are committed to saving lives with safe water and providing sustainable solutions to transform lives. The burden of fetching water falls upon women, preventing the young girls from attending school and women from working productively for their families. Not only do we drill wells, but we also provide microfinance training for women after their time is freed up from the endless walking to get water for their families.
We are an all-volunteer organization, with just one paid employee, and we look upon our volunteers as essential team members who all work together to save lives with safe water in West Africa.
Your volunteering is more than just a drop in the bucket. It transforms lives for generations to come.
For more information about our organization, please go to http://wellsbringhope.org and also visit us on Facebook
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 Hours per week
- Reliable, good people and followup skills, ideal if live in LA area but not required