Disaster Action Team: Mental Health Responder (Lanai)
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Provide a timely response to disaster incidents in the county and to ensure the mental health services needs of Red Cross clients and workers are addressed. The mission of Disaster Mental Health is to provide for and respond to the psychosocial needs.
Respond to the scene of small local disasters such as home fires to address the health services needs of those impacted. Customer Service focusDisaster Mental Health personnel may provide the following services on the scene of a response:
- Psychological triage, crisis intervention, psychological support, instrumental support (i.e. taking action in supporting an individual).
- Advocacy (i.e. an intervention made on behalf of an individual and intended to benefit the person or cause being supported)
- Problem solving; Education, Referrals, Supervision and support to Red Cross workers providing Psychological First Aid
- Monitoring and alleviated organizational stress; causality support.
- Disaster Mental Health workers may also be asked to make follow up calls to disaster clients as necessary to ensure all mental health related needs are met.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.