2 people are interested
Disaster Response Hotline Volunteer- Maui
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Duty Officer (hotline volunteer) Must be able to be on call for one full week at a time for 12 hours a day. The Duty officer is the first line of contact for First Responders. Police/Fire/Ambulance calls the Red Cross disaster hotline and the Duty Officer is the one that receives the call, takes down all the pertinent information, and then calls the DAT team and relays the information (Example: Home fire at __ location, 4 Adults, 2 kids, a dog and a cat all need services). Then the DAT team responds in person to the event and provides immediate assistance. Calls are relayed from the hotline to your personal cell phone.
To answer calls arriving into the Red Cross county disaster hotline and to initiate a timely response to disaster incidents in the county according to Red Cross standard operating procedures.
* During assigned shift, be available to answer all incoming calls into the county disaster hotline from local emergency responders requesting Red Cross help following or during a disaster.
* The county disaster hotline number is transferred directly to the Hotline Dispatcher’s personal phone.
* When a call comes in, assess the type of response and make appropriate calls to alert the Disaster Action Team (DAT).
* The County Paid Staff Member, and others needed to support the response - including the on-call Public Affairs Worker and Client Assistance Card (CAC) Activator.
* Provide support to the DAT while the team is on scene as needed. Support may include calling hotels or calling additional DAT responders.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Kula, HI 96790
November 3, 2022
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On Call for a week at a time, waiting on calls to come through
- Must be willing to use personal cell phone, have reliable computer and internet access, ability to work virtually making calls and connecting people with services.