Develop and implement county-wide recycling competition. Intern will engage participants, assist with marketing, create and provide materials to participating schools; essentially take part in every step to making this a great event. This is a great opportunity for individuals that enjoy planning and/or wish to encourage environmental stewardship. Project is centered on America Recycles Day, November 15th, and will require a September - December commitment.
- Assist with development and implementation of event.
- Contact local school’s to participate.
- Conduct presentations to schools.
- Prepare appropriate presentations and lessons as needed.
- Coordinate and present at booth events and expos.
- Promote citizen involvement through KPWB’s media outlets.
- Keep information current on social media and other internet sites.
- Create printable and electronic materials for event promotion.
- Complete post event reports.
All KPWB interns will receive membership into the Prince William County Chamber of Commerce while working with KPWB, allowing for additional training and networking opportunities. Mileage from services beyond driving to and from work is available.
Internship - UNPAID
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter to the below email address. Internships are a minimum of 3 months. School credit is available. Individuals that do not need credit but are interested in the experience are also welcome to apply! Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by start of internship and have reliable transportation to and from work. Applicant must be able to work weekends for events, projects, or programs. Feel free to contact us with questions and to find out more about these great opportunities!
Aliya Faille, Office Manager
- Project Management
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Environmental Science
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Internships are a minimum of 3 months