This is a good opportunity for anyone interested in social work to learn what it's like dealing with a variety of personalities. You can make an appointment to "shadow" an advocate for an afternoon to observe how we interact with clients and find out if it's something you would like to do on on a weekly basis. We need advocates Monday through Thursday, from 1pm to 4 pm. If you can speak Spanish that would be a HUGE plus!
When someone comes to our food shelf, they have a one-on-one meeting with an advocate. A listening ear and encouragement are the advocates greatest tools. After the client meets with an advocate, then they go to the food shelf. Be prepared to be challenged and changed by some amazing people.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Monday through Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:00 p.m.
- deliver Meals on Wheels three...
- Home Delivery: 3rd Wednesday in...
- Assistant to Meals on Wheels...
- Assistant to Home Delivery Driver
- Food Shelf Volunteers
- Mail Crew on Wednesday, May 3
- East African Food Distribution...
- Volunteer Driver
- Food Shelf Advocate
- Mail Crew: Wednesday 5/31
- Office Assistants
- Do you speak Spanish?