Hospice Companion and Patient Support Volunteers
41 people are interested
YOU can make a difference in the life of someone at a very difficult time in his or her life!
How can you make that happen?
- Offer companionship and share a few hours of your time each month;
- Offer a smile, a hug, a kind word;
- Be a presence for someone who is lonely;
- Sit with a patient to give a weary caregiver a much needed break;
- Run errands for someone who can no longer leave home;
- Read or provide music (instrument, singing, or cell phone!);
- Share your certified/trained best friend (dog, cat, bunny, miniature horse!) and see a face light up immediately!
Needs exist today - in your community - and we would welcome the opportunity to talk more with you about how to get connected!
We'll work with your schedule.
Throughout service areaDauphin, Cumberland, Perry, Juniata, FrankilinAdams, York, Lebanon, Schuylkill CountiesHarrisburg, PA 17110
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As flexible as you choose! But it is recommended that a half hour - hour visit be made weekly to develop a relationship.
- 2-Step PPD/TB Test (Paid by Homeland)