Do you know that 65% of the people living with arthritis are under the age of 65! Join us in improving the lives of adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through connection, wellness education, empowerment and support groups.
The primary responsibility the administrative interns are to support the Arthritis Support Network Director in various administrative projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Work closely with Arthritis Support Network Director
- Provide general administrative support.
- Email blasts to various constituents.
- Helps to maintain constituent database.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent organization skill
- Demonstrate a knowledge of social media, Microsoft office and other virtual/cloud based software or is willing to learn
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong research skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, CiviCRM and Google docs --preferred
- Pledge a six-month minimum of sustained volunteering
- Passion for grassroots organizing and impacting adults living with arthritis
This unpaid position is voluntary. We will meet in West LA and then some tasks could possibly be done virtually. Whether you join us as an expert or a novice, there are opportunities available to truly make a difference in our community. Leadership growth is encouraged. This is a great position for someone interested in building basic administrative skills and learning about the non-profit sector.
ABOUT THE ARTHRITIS SUPPORT NETWORK: Arthritis Introspective merged with the Arthritis Foundation in 2016 to provide in personailzed help and support to adults living with arthritis & rheumatic diseases and are expanding our efforts in in person arthritis support networks across the US.
Goal: Our goal is to improve the lives of adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through connection, education and empowerment.
Vision: To ensure that people with any form of arthritis and rheumatic disease are empowered to not just survive with arthritis but thrive!
- To foster Support Groups for adults living with arthritis to help overcome the physical and psychological challenges of severe chronic illness.
- To host the Annual Conference, a three-day conference focused on wellness, education, and empowerment for people and their loved ones from around the country.
- To provide outreach via our website, www.arthritisintrospective.org, social media presences and Inspire Online Community.
Interns will provide substantial contributions to our organization’s growth and be truly integrated members of our team. We are looking for people who are flexible, proactive, responsible, and passionate.
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months to a year, approximately 4-5 hr/week