Do you know that 65% of the people living with arthritis are under the age of 65! Join us in improving the lives of adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through wellness education, connection, empowerment and support groups.
The primary responsibility this Administrative intern is to support the Community Support Network Director of Arthritis Foundation in various administrative projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Community Support Network Director to develop Support Group training materials/toolkit.
- Assist in developing our programs using best and effective practices, evaluations, and compose organizational documents etc.
- Helps to maintain constituent database.
- Assist with the volunteer inquiry process which includes tracking and responding to volunteer inquiries from the Support Network Leader training program, and tracking/follow up on volunteers.
- Assist with establishing a virtual filing catalog system of documents
- Post, and review information on upcoming events.
- Uses Hootsuite to promote upcoming local events.
- Provide general data entry support related to statistics, scheduling and more
- Demonstrate a knowledge of social media, Microsoft office and other virtual/cloud based software or is willing to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent organization skill
- High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong research skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe Acrobat, CiviCRM and Google docs --preferred
- Pledge a six-month minimum of sustained volunteering
- Passion for grassroots organizing and impacting adults living with arthritis
This unpaid position is voluntary. Initially we will meet in West LA and then some tasks can be done virtually. Whether you join us as an expert or a novice, there are opportunities available to truly make a difference in our community. Leadership growth is encouraged. This is a great position for someone interested in building basic administrative skills and learning about the non-profit sector.
ABOUT ARTHRITIS SUPPORT NETWORK: Arthritis Introspective was established in December 2007 to serve young- and middle aged adults living with any form of arthritis and related rheumatic diseases. AI is patient led and volunteer-driven, In 2016 we merged with the Arthritis Foundation family to provide in person help and support and are expanding our efforts in creating arthritis support networks across the US.
Goal: Our goal is to improve the lives of adults living with arthritis and rheumatic diseases through connection, education and empowerment.
Vision: To ensure that people with any form of arthritis and rheumatic disease are empowered to not just survive with arthritis but thrive!
- To foster Support Groups for adults living with arthritis to help them overcome the physical and psychological challenges of severe chronic illness.
- To host the Annual Gathering Conference, a three-day conference focused on wellness, education, and empowerment for people and their loved ones from around the country.
- To provide outreach via our website, www.arthritisintrospective.org, social media presences and Inspire Online Community.
Interns will provide substantial contributions to our organization’s growth and be truly integrated members of our team. We are looking for people who are flexible, proactive, responsible, and passionate.
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Administrative Support
- Product Development
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months to a year, approximately 10 hr/week