Did you take care of your parents as they were aging? Your spouse? Your partner? Your friend? Then you get it: caregiving can be challenging, frustrating, fulfilling ... If you are a former caregiver and want to make a difference in the life of a current caregiver for an older adult, then consider becoming a Peer Support (P.S.) volunteer. PS volunteers are former caregivers who are matched with current caregivers for monthly phone conversations. Volunteers understand what it means to care for someone because they have done it, and now they want to help others in their caregiving roles. Volunteers will be trained prior to being matched and are asked to commit to at least six months; volunteers can expect to spend 3-5 hours a month volunteering.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Program Helper
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers -...
- Hair Stylist
- Meals on Wheels Delivery
- St Paul Meals on Wheels Packer
- Event Outreach Volunteer
- Meet and Greet with Enthusiasm
- Catch the Bus!
- Caregiver Peer Support
- Help pack hot meals for seniors...
- Get On Board the Bus!
- Mobile Outreach Assistant
- Dining Room Assistant
- Field Trip Assistant
- Be The First To Say Hi
- All Aboard the Twin Cities...
- P.S I Understand
- Help St. Paul Neighboorhoods Eat...
- Deliver Healthy, Affordable Food