Hi there! Would you like to get FREE Training and Help Seniors Understand Their Medicare Benefits!
148 people are interested
HI THERE! Would You Like to get FREE Training to Help Seniors Understand Their Medicare Benefits?
The State of Nevada, Aging and Disability Services Division is recruiting volunteers to serve as Benefit Counselors in the Las Vegas Metropolitan area. Volunteer benefit counselors offer Medicare beneficiaries unbiased information and assistance regarding health insurance and prescription drug plan choices.
We offer 18 hours of comprehensive Medicare classroom training plus shadowing with an experienced Benefits Counselor to prepare volunteers to perform this important role.
Benefit counselors are needed to prepare older adults and individuals with disabilities to make informed decisions about their health care and prescription drug plans.
NOTE: Individuals who are actively selling insurance as insurance agents and/or insurance brokers are not eligible to serve as SHIP volunteers.
Where : 1820 East Sahara, Suite 201, Las Vegas NV 89104. (Located on the Northwest corner of the Park Sahara Business Park. Please park in spaces labeled "Visitor," OR around the perimeter of the building).
In this Information Session, you will:
· Learn the details about the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) and the volunteer opportunities we have for individuals who wish to serve our neighbors in the Las Vegas area.
· Meet some of our volunteers and learn about their valuable, and fulfilling experiences with our agency
WE NEED YOU, LAS VEGAS NEEDS YOU, AND WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
About Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division
1820 East Sahara, Suite #205, Las Vegas, NV 89104, US
The Aging and Disability Services Division provides leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan. This allows all of Nevada’s elders, adults and children with disabilities or special health care needs to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs.
To fulfill our mission, the State of Nevada works largely with a volunteer corps that serves seniors and individuals with disabilities with:
- understanding their Medicare benefit plan and options available;
- protecting themselves from Medicare fraud, waste and abuse;
- learning how to live with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and high blood pressure;
- applying for low-income subsidy programs to pay for prescription drugs; and
- advocating for rights and quality of care for residents living in long-term care facilities
We'll work with your schedule.
Aging and Disability Services Division1820 S. Sahara AvenueSuite #201Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 8 hours a month