Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Aging and Disability Services Division provides leadership and advocacy in the planning, development and delivery of a high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan. This allows all of Nevada’s elders, adults and children with disabilities or special health care needs to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs.
To fulfill our mission, the State of Nevada works largely with a volunteer corps that serves seniors and individuals with disabilities with:
- understanding their Medicare benefit plan and options available;
- protecting themselves from Medicare fraud, waste and abuse;
- learning how to live with chronic diseases, such as diabetes and high blood pressure;
- applying for low-income subsidy programs to pay for prescription drugs; and
- advocating for rights and quality of care for residents living in long-term care facilities