The Section Leader Champion is a volunteer based position that works collaboratively with the Operations Management Team to coordinate the volunteer experience and expectations in the warehouse and assist in managing the workflow of the warehouse to ensure Cradles to Crayons realizes its distribution goals. The Section Leader leads groups of volunteers in activities within the warehouse.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Host and leads volunteer groups of 10-25 people in the warehouse.
- Commits to a regular weekly or bi-weekly volunteer shift schedule in the Giving Factory warehouse-each shift is 2.5 hours.
- Delivers a compelling opening and closing, section orientation presentation so volunteers clearly understand their function within the section.
- Assists with group wrap ups to ensure the group has a photo taken.
- Acts as spokesperson for Cradles to Crayons at internal and external events.
- Actively cultivates volunteer relationship management to maximize future engagement.
- Ensure staff members are notified of corporate VIP’s, individuals of HNW or other significant volunteers so the appropriate cultivation can be undertaken.
- Supplies stories to staff for use in marketing and social media.
- Manages overall cleanliness and tidiness of warehouse and report on maintenance needs to the Warehouse Logistics Associate or Operations Manager.
- Other responsibilities include:
a) Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with management, other employees, distribution partners, volunteers and visitors.
b) Always work in a safe manner, and contribute to providing a safe and secure environment for other employees and volunteers.
c) Ensure that work area and warehouse is tidy and secure.
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check