Program: La Casita is an after school program located in Oceanside that provides services for (on average) 60 children ages 5-12 on a daily basis. La Casita after school program is set up as an early intervention program for at-risk youth and communities. The After School Program is placed in the heart of a community where the need for a safe space for children is needed and where help with homework can be given.
Goal of Position: Program Assistants are needed for the La Casita after school program to assist youth with homework and other tasks set out by the program supervisor.
- Networking Opportunities
- Free trainings
- Professional development
- Invitation to Agency Lunches
- Meaningful engagement with the community
- On-going position development
- Assist elementary school children in Math and English
- Support staff in obtaining intake forms, permission forms, and other paperwork as required from clients
- Patience and dedication is a must
- Cultural Sensitivity and awareness
- Bilingual preferred but not required
Time Commitment: 2-4 days a week/ 1-2 hours a day. Individual will need to make a minimum commitment of 6 months.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training