Program: La Casita is an after school program located in the city of Oceanside that is set up as an early intervention program for at-risk youth and communities. La Casita provides services for (on average) 60 children ages 5-12 on a daily basis. The after school program is placed in the heart of a community where a safe space for children to go to when released from school is needed and where academic support can be given.
Goal of Position: Program Assistants are needed for the La Casita after school program to assist youth with homework and other tasks set out by the program supervisor.
- Networking Opportunities
- Free trainings
- Professional development
- Invitation to Agency Lunches
- Meaningful engagement with the community
- Provide assistance to elementary school children with homework and creative projects
- Assist supervisor with indoor/outdoor activities
- Maintenance and enforcement of program rules & guidelines
- Support staff in obtaining intake forms, permission forms, and other paperwork as required from clients
- Patience and dedication is a must
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Enthusiasm about sharing hobbies (arts & crafts, games & sports, etc.) and interests with youth
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years or older
Time Commitment: 2-4 days a week/ 1-2 hours a day. Individual will need to make a minimum commitment of 6 months.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 months
- Program Assistant -- After...
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention...
- Math Tutor -- After School Program
- Non-Profit Business Office...
- STEM Education Lead
- 15th Annual Creek to Bay Cleanup
- Weekend of Service Preperation
- Administrative & Marketing...
- Costco Donation Pick-Up and...
- Child Activity Aide
- Reading Tutor -- After School...
- Alternatives to Detention -...