ReadWest is a non-profit agency providing FREE adult literacy services to the west side Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area adults since 1989. ReadWest trains and supports volunteer tutors to teach adults one-to-one in basic reading, writing, or English as a Second Language skills. The cost of illiteracy to our nation and our community is high. Time for adult literacy programs is time well spent.
Being a board member for ReadWest Adult Literacy Program is fun and rewarding. ReadWest Board Members:
- Take an active role in fundraising: planning and participating in activities and events.
- Network with Albuquerque and Rio Rancho community and business leaders to promote the work of ReadWest.
- Help in grant seeking and writing.
- Oversee the operation/policies of ReadWest.
- Meet once a month.
- Participate in a retreat once a year.
- Serve on a committee(s) as desired.
Previous fundraising experience highly desirable. We are currently seeking people who have expertise in this area. If you are interested in applying for a board member position or for more information, please contact ReadWest at 505-892-1131 or email email@example.com.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Sales Process
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 year Board Member Term
- We are looking for people to help us grow our program. Fundraising experience is a plus.