Join the Dogs on Deployment team and help promote our mission assisting military and veteran families nationwide with help with their pets' care through fostering, advocacy and financial assistance. Dogs on Deployment is currently looking for a STAFF GRANT WRITER TO HELP US APPLY FOR GRANTS TO HELP MEET OUR FINANCIAL GOALS TO HELP MILITARY MEMBERS AND THEIR PETS.
Dogs on Deployment is looking for a part-time volunteer to help us manage our Grant Applications! Currently, Dogs on Deployment is supported by a small, core group of volunteers. Volunteering for Dogs on Deployment will not only help our organization tremendously, but invites our new volunteer to develop your own skills and resume.
What we're looking for:
- A highly, self-motivated volunteer who understands and is familiar with Dogs on Deployment's mission!
- Ability to communicate clearly with an outgoing personality!
- Someone who can use their creativity to help promote Dogs on Deployment on a national level.
- Experience with grant writing, applications, deadlines and more
- Minimum 6 months volunteer position.
What the job will entail:
- Finding grants that may be applicable for Dogs on Deployment from government, private charities and more
- Researching grant application requirements and ensuring Dogs on Deployment qualifies
- Complete grant applications for approval by Dogs on Deployment’s President or Vice President
- Submit grant applications before deadlines
- Record grant applications which have been submitted
- Follow up with submitted grant applications
- Document possible grants, their future deadlines, etc in a spreadsheet for future reference
- Volunteer hours will be self-managed, with no minimum hours. Possibly up to 10 hours/week.
The benefits of volunteering:
Dogs on Deployment volunteer positions are non-paying. However, Dogs on Deployment is a fast-growing, successful non-profit with long-term goals for success and growth. Volunteer with us, and be supported by a wonderful team of individuals motivated behind a common purpose to support our military members. Be fulfilled daily knowing that your work is meaningful in the lives of so many military men and women. On a practical note, build your resume, receive a recommendation for future work for a job well done, and build relationships nationally with reporters and media contacts from several different media sources and locations!
How to apply:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with STAFF GRANT WRITER VOLUNTEER in the subject line. Include a short (1-page or less) biography about you, your background and why our cause is important to you. References are welcomed!
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment