Promote and facilitate wellness classes for seniors. Health promotion volunteers teach healthy behaviors to the Salt Lake County's senior population in a variety of classes and settings. Programs include:Stepping On Fall Prevention; Living Well With Chronic Conditions; Living Well With Diabetes; Walk With Ease
To volunteer you must:
- Be people oriented, take direction well, and be reliable
To volunteer to teach health promotion classes you must:
- Complete all program specific requirements including training and certification
- Pass a background check and all appropriate Salt Lake County volunteer screening processes
- Commit to lead a minimum of TWO entire six week workshops within twelve months
- Orientation and training is provided to all volunteers
- Successfully complete the training and certification for the specific program you would like to volunteer for
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 2 entire six week workshops in 1 year
- provide your own transportation to class site
- Help isolated homebound seniors...
- Bring a smile to a senior -...
- Become a Foster Grandparent...
- Drivers To Provide Rides For...
- Help Seniors Maintain Wellness -...
- Food Box Delivery
- Advocate for Seniors Living in...
- Friendly Visitor
- Respite and Caregiver Support
- Help Assess the Needs of Frail...
- "Help a child learn to read....
- Help Feed Hungry Seniors - Meals...