8 people are interested
Antique & Vintage Pro - IYR e-Commerce
ORGANIZATION: Idaho Youth Ranch
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Who You Are: You have a passion for books, jewelry, vintage items and collectibles. You are organized, love to be around other people and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are reliable and ready to lend a helping hand.
As a volunteer, you will enjoy a service opportunity where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are all treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What You Will Do: eCommerce volunteer will be able to assist in many areas:
* Book scanning to determine values for on-line selling.
* Book order pulling and bagging on Monday mornings
* Jewelry sorting to find high value items for on-line selling or to be sent to thrift stores for merchandising/selling.
* Incoming collectible sorting and research for on-line selling or pricing for Ruby’s departments in thrift stores. Areas of expertise may include: antiques, collectibles, antique books, vinyl, Legos, or other specialty items
* eBay and Etsy photography; posting valuable items on eBay for on-line selling.
What We Offer Back: Every volunteer contributes to the success of our mission. You can proudly tell your friends and family that every hour you spend serving with us helps provide accessible services to Idaho’s youth who need it most. You’ll also receive an awesome discount in our thrift stores, and serve in a caring and compassionate environment, where we are better together.
Why Unite With Us: The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Volunteers help move our mission forward. We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing and resilience.
* Weekly (Monday - Friday between 9am and 4pm)
* 2-4 hour shifts
* 1-5x a week (depending on volunteer’s schedule)
How: In order to volunteer for this opportunity, you will need to:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Submit application
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Complete interview
- Comply with all Idaho Youth Ranch Volunteer Policies and Procedures
About Idaho Youth Ranch
5465 W. Irving St, Boise, ID 83706, US
The Idaho Youth Ranch creates promising futures through courageous transformations.
Every child is born full of promise, and every child deserves a promising future.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has been helping good kids on a dangerous path find promising futures for more than 60 years, with youth programs and services through the state.
We offer emergency shelter, residential care, substance abuse treatment, job readiness training, alternative education, adoption services, family counseling, and more for at-risk kids and their struggling parents and families.
No matter what a child is up against, the Idaho Youth Ranch can help.
Every kid who comes to us faces their own unique challenges and issues. So we adapt our services to meet their needs, instead of the other way around. The Idaho Youth Ranch approach is to intervene early, when our help can do the most good; treat the whole child, not just one symptom; and finish the job by sticking with each kid as long as they need us.
Our work would not be possible without generous donations from people like you.
Thanks to our donors and our statewide network of 29 thrift stores, we can help kids and families effectively and immediately even if they can’t afford the entire cost of care.
Whenever you make a cash donation, shop at one of our stores, or donate items we can sell, you become part of our promise to Idaho’s kids. Thank you!
5465 W. Irving StBldg 3Boise, ID 83706
September 25, 2023
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly, as often as you'd like.