Be a volunteer for Maryland New Directions - your time and talents will greatly benefit low-income job seekers wanting to change their lives through finding employment.
Share your career story as a speaker on our informal Connections Friday Panel. As part of our career training program Connections Fridays allow our clients to learn about new professional fields, receive career advice, hear different career journeys and practice their networking skills.
Connections Fridays occur select Fridays from 12:00-2:00 p.m.
How it works:
- Guest Speakers arrive at MND at 12:00 for a 30 minute orientation. Guests may bring their lunch, light refresments will be served.
- Share your employment story! Describe to our clients how you got where you are in your career today.
- Q & A: Answer questions from our clients in a group setting.
- Netwoking time! Our new-to-networking clients will want to talk with you. You may hand out business cards at your discretion.
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to Fridays that fit your schedule
- Connection Fridays held once or twice each month