Sanchez Charter School, founded by AAMA in 1973, was one of the first charter schools in Texas. An open-enrollment public school, Sanchez serves students in pre-kindergarten and Grades 6-12. Throughout its history, Sanchez has focused on meeting the needs of at-risk Latino students students who face obstacles that put them at risk of dropping out. At Sanchez, students overcome those obstacles through the combination of rigorous academic instruction and wraparound support services. Sanchez is large enough to offer students a wide variety of educational and extra-curricular programs that enhance learning and develop leadership, yet small enough that students form personal relationships with teachers and counselors. At Sanchez, students are inspired and empowered to pursue their potential and achieve their dreams.
*We are also looking for volunteers for our Sanchez-North campus located at 406 E. Rittenhouse Street, Houston 77076.
PURPOSE: To assist teachers with tutoring students in the areas of Math, Science, or English. This volunteer position is only during school hours, 8 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours a week.
- Working one on one or with a small group of students during summer school hours.
- Assist students in one or more of the following subject areas: Math, Science, or English.
- Confer with assigned staff for instructional guidance and support.
- Youth Services
- Math / Science Instruction
- Environmental Science
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Competency in the area you're willing to tutor.