Are you an experienced photographer looking for something new? We need you!
Community Thread is looking for a Volunteer Photographer to support various events throughout the year. This individual would be responsible for capturing the mission and values of Community Thread through photos (and videos if desired). This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys photography to help Community Thread tell our story! You can add to a professional portfolio while supporting a local nonprofit.
- Be present at various Community Thread events to capture moments
- Take photos that capture the mission and values of Community Thread
- Be comfortable asking people to smile and pose for pictures
- Organize large groups of people for photos
- Provide photos in digital format within two weeks of event to Community Thread staff
- Option to capture video footage of events
- Ability to produce professional looking photos with high resolution
- Great people skills and ability to maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently
- Own digital camera and equipment and working knowledge of the camera, lighting, flashes, etc.
- Experience working with Photoshop or other picture editing programs preferred
- Must be age 16 or older
- On an as-needed basis for various events
- Typically, attend 2-3 one-hour events per month
Volunteers must complete an application; we also check references. Contact us today to learn more about the application process!
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- As-needed at organizational events