Volunteer Lighthouse Keeper Opportunity!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Volunteer Lighthouse Keeper Opportunities!!
All along beautiful Lake Michigan
The purposes of our volunteer keeper program are:
- to preserve and restore the lighthouses under our care
- to give people an opportunity to visit the lights and climb the towers
- to educate our guests about Michigan’s maritime history
Enjoy working with
Little Sable Point: Located in the Silver Lake State Park in Mears,we are looking for day keepers of Little Sable. tasks that the volunteers may work on include but are not limited to sharing historical information with visitors, keeping the grounds clean and lighthouse clean, handle money from tours, and have fun!
To be a volunteer one must be a member of Sable Points Lighthouse Keepers Association. Along with member application, the volunteer application and expectations/regulations will need to be filled out, which can be found on our website, www.splka.org. A letter stating why you are interested in becoming a volunteer keeper, a brief resume outlining previous work and volunteer experience and two letters of reference will also be needed.
287 North Lighthouse DriveMears, MI 49436
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- May commit for one day or several days
- SPLKA Membership