Expand cultural horizons from home! Host an international visitor (short term).
2 people are interested
Legacy is seeking host families in Southwest Virginia! Showcase US hospitality and culture!
Legacy Internationals's TechGirls Program - Hosts needed in LYNCHBURG, BEDFORD, SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE, FOREST, BLACKSBURG, CHRISTIANSBURG, ROANOKE OR SALEM Virginia for weekend homstays.
TechGirls from Middle East & North AfricaAND Central Asia ( New in 2019!)
- TechGirls / Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan): Friday afternoon, July 12 through Sunday afternoon, July 14, 2019 (2 nights).
- TechGirls / MENA (Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian Territories): Friday afternoon, July 26 through Sunday afternoon, July 28, 2019 (2 nights).
Host families provide more than just a bed and a few meals. They serve as "cultural ambassadors", sharing favorite aspects of their home communities with their international guests, while learning about life in the Middle East and Central Asia!
Through their time with their American families, exchange visitors best understand U.S. cultural values and way of life. The host family experience is repeatedly sited as the most meaningful aspect of the exchange visitor's stay in the US! More than 400 southern Virginia families, companies, and organizations have participated in home hosting and program activities for Legacy’s international visitors since 1994.
If you would like to become part of our network, please contact: email@example.com
More details also posted at: http://www.legacyintl.org/get-involved/host/
Check out the benefits of hosting and to browse through our hosting FAQS. Many of Legacy’s host families have sent us comments reflecting on their hosting experience.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
RoanokeVolunteer opp is within your own home!Roanoke, VA 24012
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 days / 2 nights per weekend
- Homes with an extra private bedroom. Guest must have her own bed, but it is OK for her to share a room with a teenage daughter in your home.