Help Alleviate Homelessness in Baton Rouge, LA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
29 people are interested
Volunteers are needed every day to monitor and assist in our computer lab. Word has spread that we help: set up email accounts, make resumes, and apply for jobs on-line. We open the lab from 9am-12pm and 1pm-3pm during the week. Please contact us if you would like to help. Thanks.
Senior or retired volunteers with group facilitation skills to help with various groups i.e. NA, AA or mental health group sessions (How's your day going?). Times fit your schedule. Ongoing once or twice a week.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Capitol Area Alliance's One Stop Homeless Services Center
153 NORTH 17TH ST, BATON ROUGE, LA 70802, US
CAAH is a non-profit organization of homeless service providers dedicated to ending homelessness through
- Direct Services,
- Development of Affordable Housing, and
- Advocacy on Homeless Issues
We are a coalition of diverse agencies providing Housing and Support Services for homeless persons in the greater Baton Rouge. The services offered by our member agencies include:
- Emergency Shelter,
- Transitional Housing,
- Permanent Housing,
- Case management,
- Mental health counseling,
- Substance abuse treatment,
- Life Skills training, and
- Employment/ Job Assistance
We'll work with your schedule.
153 N. 17th ST.Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- One or two hours per week for ongoing groups to help homeless clients of One Stop.
- Kindness, compassion and Non judgmental .