Position Description: The Open Computer Lab Assistant helps students during regularly scheduled open lab times. Goodwill Job Training and Education students utilize the lab for the Rosetta Stone language software, job search, homework, and more.
- Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday, 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Staff the open lab during your scheduled shift.
- Help to log the students in and out of our system and Rosetta Stone software.
- Assist students with navigating the WorkSource job search resources.
- Answer questions regarding Rosetta Stone language software and how it works.
- Roles and responsibilities vary slightly by Job Training and Education Center location.
- Other assignments as needed.
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Previous experience not required, but the ability to learn WorkSource resources, Rosetta Stone software is essential. Volunteers can spend time familiarizing themselves with the software before they begin volunteering with students.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with diverse individuals facing multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills.
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-12 months
- Special Projects at the...
- Math, reading, and writing tutor...
- Tutors needed for math, reading,...
- Jewelry Department - small...
- Open Computer Lab Assistant
- Support youth in math, physics...
- Career Lab Assistant - help...
- Lunchtime conversation...
- Glitter Sale -- energetic...
- Human Resources Filing Assistant
- Math + English tutors needed!