Help save an animal - become a VCAS Volunteer today!
Ventura County Animal Services is an open entry, municipal animal shelter serving various cities in Ventura County as well as all unincorporated areas of the County. VCAS currently holds a No-Kill status and has since January 2014. We are looking for passionate, dedicated, self-motivated volunteers to help us continue our mission of keeping Ventura County No-Kill. All volunteer positions are key in our achievement of this worthy mission, and for maintaining it as well.
- Promote animal adoptions
- Assist with animal care in VCAS kennels
- Groom and socialize animals
- Foster animals in their own homes
- Give educational tours for groups of all ages
- Help plan, run, and attend special events
- Fundraise/write grants
- Marketing and Office Assistant
- Educate the public about animal welfare and encourage people to provide forever homes to animals in need!
VCAS volunteer minimum requirements
- 18 years old, or 13-17 years with parent/ guardian working alongside at ALL times
- Commitment of 2 hours per week for at minimum 3 months
- Attendance at mandatory on-site training
We have specialized groups for people who love certain types of animals!
- Call yourself a cat fancier? Join the Callaway Cat Group.
- Do you love dogs? Become a part of our Dog Squad.
- Are bunnies your thing? Join the Bunny Brigade.
- Of course, if you love all things furry or fuzzy, we will utilize your help where it is needed most!
All VCAS volunteers receive specialized training, mentoring and support!
To find out more, or fill out an application visit us online at www.vcas.us/volunteer
- Animal Care / Handling
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per week for 3-6 months
- Youth under the age of 18, MUST be accompanied by a parent who is also a volunteer.