Food Pantry and Diaper Bank Organization
6 people are interested
Help us keep our pantry in shape! We're looking for volunteers to come in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to help us organize and get ready for the days we're open to the public. Duties would include unloading food, stocking shelves, counting and wrapping diapers, and general upkeep. This is a great opportunity for volunteers of all ages! Email Rebecca at email@example.com for full position description.
About Jewish Community Alliance
1342 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04102, US
The Jewish Community Alliance (JCA) is a nonprofit organization serving Southern Maine that combines programming and fundraising for the Jewish Community. Its mission is to build Jewish community locally, in Israel and throughout the world. The JCA develops, provides, and supports diverse programs, education and services. We work with other Jewish organizations and local congregations, and function as the hub of Jewish programming in Southern Maine.
The Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine (JCA) is:
- Dedicated to building Jewish community locally, in Israel and throughout the world.
- An educator, providing opportunities for children, teens and adults to connect with their community and learn from each other. Whether in the classroom, at our day camp on the shores of Sebago Lake, or in service together.
- Welcoming of community members of all faiths and backgrounds to engage with and learn about Jewish culture and values.
- An advocate, speaking in support of Israel and against anti-Semitism and bigotry in all forms.
- A foundation, raising funds every year to support Jewish education, culture and social services in Southern Maine, Israel and around the globe.
- A support system for our underserved community members to provide food and heat assistance, access to health care, and guidance and counseling to vulnerable individuals and families.
We believe that by working together, we build a vibrant community.
We'll work with your schedule.
1342 Congress StreetPortland, ME 04102
- Background Check
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week OR as needed. Children welcome with adult supervision.