During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Jewish Community Alliance (JCA) is a nonprofit organization serving Southern Maine that combines programming and fundraising for the Jewish Community. Its mission is to build Jewish community locally, in Israel and throughout the world. The JCA develops, provides, and supports diverse programs, education and services. We work with other Jewish organizations and local congregations, and function as the hub of Jewish programming in Southern Maine.
The Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine (JCA) is:
- Dedicated to building Jewish community locally, in Israel and throughout the world.
- An educator, providing opportunities for children, teens and adults to connect with their community and learn from each other. Whether in the classroom, at our day camp on the shores of Sebago Lake, or in service together.
- Welcoming of community members of all faiths and backgrounds to engage with and learn about Jewish culture and values.
- An advocate, speaking in support of Israel and against anti-Semitism and bigotry in all forms.
- A foundation, raising funds every year to support Jewish education, culture and social services in Southern Maine, Israel and around the globe.
- A support system for our underserved community members to provide food and heat assistance, access to health care, and guidance and counseling to vulnerable individuals and families.
We believe that by working together, we build a vibrant community.