- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
597 people are interested
Hearts and Minds is currently seeking an experienced accounting professional to help oversee the day to day accounting requirements of the organization.
- Review the day to day accounting activity booked by staff in QuickBooks Online.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements.
- Help drive process improvements within the sphere of the accounting functions of the
- Manage ad-hoc accounting projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks required for review of accounting entries booked by
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws
- and regulations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
About Hearts and Minds
146 West 29th Street, Suite 7E, New York, NY 10001, US
Hearts and MindsSM works to help end extreme global poverty more quickly and cost effectively with programs that get to the roots of this major challenge. We accomplish this through public education, advocacy and lobbying for foreign aid and foreign policy reforms in the United States and eventually in other wealthy nations.
For many years, we provided tens of millions of people with inspiration and information to make a difference on major challenges including poverty, the environment, human rights, addictions, psychological and physical challenges. We’ve provided over 600 individuals with hands-on vocational experience.
Our focus now is helping end extreme global poverty. We’re revamping our website for this major expansion of our work.
Why volunteer with us?
- Flexible hours - we’ll work with your schedule!
- Develop skills with your choice of hands-on activities in our wide range of working groups.
- Friendly office - you can work directly with our president and other professionals.
For many activities, we require at least a year of experience. Except for those with high-level professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week for at least a month. Some exceptions are possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
146 West 29th Street, Suite 7ENew York, NY 10001
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- At least 15 hours/week except for those with a CPA