- Assess a caller’s safety and immediate needs in order to provide crisis intervention, information, referrals and advocacy on the Domestic Violence, Crime Victims and Rape and Sexual Assault Hotlines and via the TDD machine, a device for the hearing impaired
- Conduct shelter assessments for domestic violence and rape/sexual victims seeking shelter and assist them to access available shelter space
- Provide information and referrals
- Document calls in computer database and maintain a daily log for statistical reports
- Assist clients to access available shelter space for victims of domestic violence and their children
- Advocate for victims of crime with allied service providers
- Complete reports to the Administration for Children's Services on an as-needed basis
- Complete client case studies upon request
- Respond to web site inquiries from victims of domestic violence and other crimes upon request
- Attend trainings on domestic violence and other victimization issues/ Virtual
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with Young Mothers Inc
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must know computer (alpha) keyboard
- Must type a minimum of 30 words/minutes
- Good writing skills required (i.e., grammar and spelling)
- Must be flexible with work schedule
- Sensitivity towards and understanding of victimization, especially survivors of domestic violence
- Good interpersonal and phone communication skills a must.
- Good listening skills, ability to think critically and support caller in crisis situation required.
- Bright, outgoing, organized, hands-on individual who can thrive with limited resources and minimal supervision.
- Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- High School Diploma or equivalent (AAS degree preferred)
- Previous experience working with victim of domestic violence, rape and sexual assault desired.
- Prior telephone counseling experience is helpful.
- Candidate must be a team player and sensitive to issues of diversity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fashion Make Up Interns Needed
- Marketing Director Needed ASAP
- Intern your way to Your Dream Job
- Volunteer Opportunity: Blogger...
- Fashion Model Interns Needed
- Fashion Photographer Intern...
- Fashion Design Intern Needed
- Fashion Design Project Needs...
- Healthy Eating Workshop Needs...
- Fashion Social Media Coordinator...
- Mobile App Designer Volunteer...
- Nonprofit Grant Writer Volunteer
- Fashion Design Internship Virtual
- Social Media Coordinator for...
- Event Planner needed asap!
- Social Media Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Design Manager
- Career Workshop Needs...
- Business Outreach Coordinator