Join in on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Located at the heart of Hermann Park, McGovern Lake contains several islands that enhance the visual appeal of the area but also serve as an important habitat for plants and wildlife in the vicinity. The islands are important to the area’s waterfowl and provides habitat as a stopover for migratory birds. Within the lake are two islands not accessible to pedestrian traffic. Access to the island requires use of pedal boats (provided by Hermann Park Conservancy) to ferry volunteers across to the work site. Volunteers will assist with removing debris, seeding, and planting native vegetation to restore the habitat. For more details contact the Director of Volunteer Programs.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours
- complete a Project Request Form and Waiver
- Park to Port Bike Ride
- Prairie Restoration at Hermann...
- Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park
- Bird Island Restoration at...
- Habitat Restoration Bayou Parkland
- Job Shadow Summer Youth Program
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park
- Japanese Garden Volunteers
- National Public Lands Day...
- Help our Garden Grow!
- Conservation Volunteers for...
- Kite Festival at Hermann Park