Join us the 4th Saturday of each month to restore native prairie habitat under the Post Oak trees. Hermann Park Conservancy is seeking volunteers to help restore Bayou Parkland, an area in Hermann Park once used as an outdoor science classroom. Volunteers are needed to help restore the habitat by removing overgrown plants from around the ponds, remove dead branches and weeds, invasive removal, and implement a pocket prairie. This is a great volunteer service opportunity for groups and youth, as well learn about our mixed oak savannah and the benefit of restoring native grasses. Please contact Director of Volunteer Programs to participate.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- complete a Project Request Form and Waiver
- Park to Port Bike Ride
- Prairie Restoration at Hermann...
- Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park
- Bird Island Restoration at...
- Habitat Restoration Bayou Parkland
- Job Shadow Summer Youth Program
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park
- Japanese Garden Volunteers
- National Public Lands Day...
- Help our Garden Grow!
- Conservation Volunteers for...
- Kite Festival at Hermann Park