Make a Difference. Video Internship at ClassWish.org!
Work in NYC or Virtually
Prefer PowerPoints to Text? See http://ClassWish-Intern-Postings.org
Our education nonprofit offers internships focusing on a large number of fields, including:
- Art, Graphics, Fashion Marketing, Photography, Video
- Computers, SEO, Digital Marketing
- Communications, Journalism, Social Media, PR, Celebrity Campaigns
- Book Marketing, Publishing, Music Marketing,
- Sports Marketing, Science, Education
- Research, Philanthropic Fundraising, Grant-writing, Nonprofit Management
- Cause Marketing, Business Development
We seek outstanding undergraduate and graduate students with outstanding video skills as interns for the school year, summer and winter to collaborate on the boldest nonprofit initiative we know.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, passionate, and energetic students with exceptional skills to create videos for sharing online and for use on ClassWish.org. Also, we need interns to help plan the video contests for the students. This is an outstanding leadership opportunity in an innovative, emerging nonprofit.
Here is the problem we are tackling: K-12 schools in this country do not have enough resources to let children explore their potential and excel. Art supplies, books, computers, musical instruments, science equipment, sports equipment, and even paper for computers and printers are all in desperately short supply.
Our Approach: ClassWish . org, an exciting new nonprofit, uses modern business practices and the latest marketing techniques to help 125,000 schools serving 56 million kids, inform, inspire and engage supporters. Teachers visit the site to create Wish Lists of the resources they need. People in the community can see exactly what is needed and contribute to help.
About Us: The people behind ClassWish.org include such prominent education and business leaders as the: former COO of Mashable; EVP of the New York Stock Exchange; former CEO of Huffington Post; former Provost of Harvard; CEO of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute; Director of the Institute for Advanced Study; Director, Education and Society Program of Aspen Institute; CEO of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education. Most importantly, current and former interns will offer a great review of ClassWish.org.
The Work: Teachers and students are already getting supplies from ClassWish.org. Now, we need to raise greater awareness and encourage more participation so we can help more kids. Interns will work in small teams focused on such things as:
- marketing around particular verticals, e.g., art, music, sports, books, computers, science, and special education
- marketing to particular audiences, such as businesses, bloggers, press, educators, moms, religious organizations, civic organizations, unions, nonprofits, authors, magazine readers, teens
- celebrity marketing campaigns
- particular promotions, such as student video and journalism contests
- creating and implementing social media campaigns
- building and managing relationships and cause marketing campaigns with strategic partners
- building and leading a national network of volunteers
- enhancing the websites
- creating graphics, videos, and promotional materials
You will take leadership on projects and work with other highly motivated interns, established professionals, and directly with our co-founder.
The Environment: This is, frankly, a great place to work. We get great interns from all over the country and all over the world, so the atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. It’s also casual; we’re interested in your brains, creativity and heart. Want to work in jeans, a t-shirt and flip-flops? Why not!
What do we offer? You will enhance your portfolio with projects that will be displayed on the Internet as well as in print, visible to potential future employers, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped children get the tools they need to perform at their best.
To see PowerPoint presentations about some of our activities, please see http://ClassWish-Intern-Postings.org.
If you want a great experience doing something you will always be proud of, send a short cover letter and a resume to interns @ ClassWish . org. Impress us. This is competitive.