Our 3 Urban Farms provide 3 acres of organic, fresh fruits and vegetables (and sometimes fish!) to our kitchen and dining rooms. This greatly enhances the nutritional support we’re able to offer our guests.
Volunteer duties change on a daily basis depending on the needs of the vegetation and spaces. Duties may include but are not limited to: watering, weeding, harvesting, planting, waste & produce sorting, composting, trash pick-up, and tree trimming. Please dress appropriately for the Arizona sun and heat!
Volunteer Shifts: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 8am-12pm
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 2-hours minimum.
- Volunteer Orientation, Volunteers under 14 must be acccompanied by an adult
- Urban Farm Gardener
- Homeless Shelter Handyman
- Dream Center: Spend Time with...
- Pizza Fridays
- Certified Barber
- St. Vincent de Paul's Ministry...
- Bike Mechanic
- Serve Lunch to the Homeless
- Serve Breakfast to the Homeless
- Hearts & Hands Community Day
- Thrift Store Assistant
- Volunteer Administrative Assistant