Heartland Hospice is seeking Veteran Volunteers to visit with our Veteran patients in their homes or in nursing homes. No one is better equipped to converse with our beloved Veterans than a commrade. One out of every four patients in hospice are Veterans so there is a great need.
We have a comprehensive orientation and training program so no experience required beyond a heart for your fellow Veteran.
Our office is based in Westmont, IL and we serve Veterans in the following communities: Geneva, St. Charles, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook and Chicago.
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies
- 2 step TB test at our expense
- Administrative Volunteer Needed...
- Hospice Friendly Visit - Volunteer
- Veterans for Veterans- Calling...
- Tuck-In Call Volunteer - Friday...
- Veterans serving Veterans -...
- Pet Enrichment Volunteers
- Friendly Visitors - Batavia -...
- Friendly Visitor, Glen Ellyn
- Friendly Visitor - Heartland...
- No persons should die ALONE
- Crocheting, Quilting, Knitting...
- Hospice Friendly Visitor, ...
- NEW Volunteer Training this...