Advocate for Teen Girls!
35 people are interested
Program Summary:GENESISTER is a pregnancy prevention program for the siblings and daughters of pregnant and parenting teens. Visit www.BoulderCountyGENESISTER.org for more information.
Description of Work:This position assists GENESISTER staff in the service delivery of science-based, comprehensive teen pregnancy prevention programming to the female* siblings/daughters of pregnant and/or parenting teens in Boulder County.
*GENESISTER deﬁnes female as any person designated/assigned female at birth and/or who has been socialized as female.
Duties and Responsibilities:
GENESISTER offers the following two types of volunteer positions:
Position 1: Client Transportation/Youth Group Support
* Using personal vehicle, transports participants to and from GENESISTER groups, Fun Nights, and service learning/volunteer projects.
* Works with GENESISTER staff to support the development, coordination, and implementation of service-learning projects and Fun Nights for youth.
* Assists GENESISTER staff with setting up and breaking down group meetings.
Position 2: Academic Tutor
* Provides basic tutoring in a variety of subjects for elementary school, middle school, and high school students (ages 12-18).
* Assists in organizing homework clubs - preparing the room, setting up snacks, calling participants, completing attendance paperwork, etc.
* Provides GENESISTER staff with outcomes, student needs, and/or progress updates after each tutoring encounter.
* Supports youth in developing a vision for post-secondary education and career.
About Boulder County Public Health
3450 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304, US
Boulder County Public Health shall protect, promote, and enhance the health and well-being of all people and the environment in Boulder County.
Boulder County Public Health provides public health services to all residents of Boulder County.
We'll work with your schedule.
529 Coffman StreetLongmont, CO 80501
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours/month
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred