GENESISTER is a pregnancy prevention program for the siblings of pregnant and parenting teens. Visit www.BoulderCountyGENESISTER.org for more information.
Description of Work:
Assists GENESISTER staff in the service delivery of science-based, comprehensive teen pregnancy prevention programming to the female siblings and parents of pregnant and/or parenting teens in Boulder County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with staff to develop, coordinate, and implement service-learning projects for youth.
• Occasionally facilitates or co-facilitates a group in an area of expertise or interest (e.g. college applications, healthy eating/active living, using art to promote social justice, etc.).
• Assists staff in organizing and implementing pro-social outings ("Fun Nights") for clients once a month.
• Acts as a resource during groups to answer questions and assist students with homework, as necessary and when possible (staff would also be available).
• Transports participants in personal vehicle to and from GENESISTER groups, Fun Nights, and service learning/volunteer projects.
• Supports youth in developing a vision for post-secondary education and career.
• Provides feedback on clients to GENESISTER staff, as appropriate.
• Maintains regular contact with volunteer supervisor, and communicates availability in a timely manner.
• Assists staff with setting up and breaking down group meetings.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours/month
- Bilingual preferred