Advocate for Teen Girls!
33 people are interested
Program Summary:GENESISTER is a pregnancy prevention program for the siblings and daughters of pregnant and parenting teens. Visit www.BoulderCountyGENESISTER.org for more information.
Description of Work:This position assists GENESISTER staff in the service delivery of science-based, comprehensive teen pregnancy prevention programming to the female* siblings/daughters of pregnant and/or parenting teens in Boulder County.
*GENESISTER deﬁnes female as any person designated/assigned female at birth and/or who has been socialized as female.
Duties and Responsibilities:
GENESISTER offers the following two types of volunteer positions:
Position 1: Client Transportation/Youth Group Support
* Using personal vehicle, transports participants to and from GENESISTER groups, Fun Nights, and service learning/volunteer projects.
* Works with GENESISTER staff to support the development, coordination, and implementation of service-learning projects and Fun Nights for youth.
* Assists GENESISTER staff with setting up and breaking down group meetings.
Position 2: Academic Tutor
* Provides basic tutoring in a variety of subjects for elementary school, middle school, and high school students (ages 12-18).
* Assists in organizing homework clubs - preparing the room, setting up snacks, calling participants, completing attendance paperwork, etc.
* Provides GENESISTER staff with outcomes, student needs, and/or progress updates after each tutoring encounter.
* Supports youth in developing a vision for post-secondary education and career.
We'll work with your schedule.
529 Coffman StreetLongmont, CO 80501
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours/month
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred