GENESISTER is a pregnancy prevention program for the siblings and daughters of pregnant and parenting teens. Visit www.BoulderCountyGENESISTER.org for more information.
Description of Work:
To assist GENESISTER staff in the service delivery of science-based, comprehensive teen pregnancy prevention programming to the female* siblings/daughters of pregnant and/or parenting teens in Boulder County.
*GENESISTER deﬁnes female as any person designated/assigned female at birth, and/or who has been socialized as female.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with staff to support in developing, coordinating, and implementing service-learning projects for youth.
- Transports participants in personal vehicle to and from GENESISTER groups, Fun Nights, and service learning/volunteer projects.
- Occasionally co-facilitates a group in an area of expertise or interest (e.g. college applications, healthy eating/active living, using art to promote social justice, etc.).
- Assists staff in organizing and implementing pro-social outings ("Fun Nights") for clients once a month.
- Acts as a resource during groups to answer questions and assist students with homework, as necessary and when possible (staff would also be available).
- Supports youth in developing a vision for post-secondary education and career.
- Provides feedback on clients to GENESISTER staff, as appropriate.
- Maintains regular contact with volunteer supervisor, and communicates availability in a timely manner.
- Assists staff with setting up and breaking down group meetings.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours/month
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred