Serve the hungry from a mobile pantry by providing the many people who are unable to reach a community foodbank with this invaluable service.
Be a part of this unforgettable experience!
Volunteers are needed to assist with the following tasks:
- Set up and take down of the operation.
- Help the food bank driver and two Mobile Pantry Managers by unloading tables from the food bank truck.
- Set up the tables and pallets of food onto the tables. This includes cases of canned food from the Federal government; fresh produce, bread, juices and other food items suitable for families in need.
- Make up two bags of food per family, help manage the food distribution, break down the cardboard boxes, and gather any leftover items for our driver to load back into the truck.
This pantry takes place outside in any weather. Volunteers should be able to stand, lift boxes and move about during the distribution.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Marketplace in East Brunswick
- Plant it Forward in Newark
- Mobile Meals in Paterson
- Plant it Forward in Clifton
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Mobile Meals in Elizabeth
- Social Media Moguls in Livingston
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Plant it Forward in Montclair...
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Supper Club in Bridgewater
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Hunger Helpers in Hoboken
- Earth Keepers in Manchester
- Behind the Scenes with Jersey...