With our Hunger Helpers program, volunteers are empowered to change the lives of men, women, and children living in poverty. St. John’s Parish operates a soup kitchen serving 300-500 homeless Newark residents six times a week.
By participating in this rewarding project, you will make a difference in the lives of many, by offering a few hours of your time preparing meals to be served throughout the week to those who otherwise would go hungry.
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Newark Ambassadors
- Caring Closet in Newark
- Beach Sweep in Glen Ridge...
- Art of Life Therapy in Englewood
- Beach Sweep in Point Pleasant...
- Beach Sweep in Long Branch
- Homework Helpers in Little Ferry
- Beach Sweep in Belmar
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Marketplace in East Brunswick -...
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Marketplace in Clifton
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Marketplace in Mercer County
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Art Expressions in Newark
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Halloween Costume Sorting Party