St. Lucy’s Shelter is a supervised 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round emergency shelter for single women and men offering emergency housing and food for those in need.
Volunteers play an important role in changing the lives of people in need by preparing meals for the residents, and helping sort and distribute food.
When you arrive sign-in at the front desk and tell them you are a Jersey Cares Volunteer. You will be directed to the food pantry to sort as needed and then at 5pm you will serve food in the cafeteria. The Chef has a very specific process, please follow her guidance. She will provide you with gloves and an apron before service begins. Enjoy and have fun meeting new people!
As you are serving meals please interact with guests in conversation and clear their tables as needed. Second servings will be at 5:30, only if food is remaining from the initial serving.
Volunteers will be deployed as follows:
- Food Servers (2-3)
- Beverage Servers (1-2)
- Greeter (1-2)
- General Help (1)
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Earth Keepers in Essex County...
- Hunger Helpers in Newark
- Newark Ambassadors
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Conversations and Connections in...
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Beach Sweep in Point Pleasant...
- Beach Sweep in Long Branch
- Homework Helpers in Little Ferry
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Donation Sorting in Short Hills
- Tutor and Mentor in Madison
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Advanced Computer Essentials in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- College Readiness Academic...
- Camden Volunteer Recruiter
- Earth Keepers in Manchester