Are you a busy professional? Are you interested in joining a Non-Profit Arts Board? Are you passionate about the Arts? Do you want to become a leader in your community?
If the answer is YES, contact the Arts & Business Council of Chicago to learn more about the On BOARD program.
How On BOARD works:
+ Attend 4 training sessions conducted by board governance experts, non-profit arts leaders & current board members.
+ Receive extensive training through interactive coursework in: Legal & Fiduciary Responsibilities, Organization Structure, Fundraising, Financial & Tax Issues.
+ Meet 10-15 arts organizations who seek to add to their current Board of Directors
+ Attend shows, make site visits, and/or observe the programming and board events of each organization to determine the best fit
+ Get elected to the Board of Directors of a nonprofit arts or cultural organization
Fall Program Dates:
- Sept 15 - Arts Organization Structures & Board Responsibilities
- Sept 26 - Meet the Boards networking event*
- Oct 13 - Legal & Fiduciary Responsibilities; Non-governing Boards
- Nov 3 - Nonprofit Finances, Budgeting, & Tax Issues
- Dec 1 - Fundraising Landscape
*Required to attend to participate
Contact Program Director Noemi Garcia at email@example.com or 312-372-1876 x103 for more information or questions.
More information: https://www.artsbiz-chicago.org/on-board/
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Human Resources Assistance
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours/month