5 people are interested
NOVA Kids Cafe Administrative Organizer
ORGANIZATION: Capital Area Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
If you're interested in this position, please click here to complete our online application.
The Capital Area Food Bank Kids Cafe program’s primary goal is to provide children access to food during out-of-school times. Kids Cafe partners with existing community sites to provide well-balanced hearty snacks or dinners for more than 2,000 children. In Northern VA, Kids Cafe has 30 locations in recreation centers, schools and community centers.
Each week the Kids Cafe team needs administrative support to keep everything running smoothly. The NOVA Kids Cafe Administrative Organizer will help by following up on reports and keeping up with data on partner sites that will help submit required reports to receive funding for the program.
- Assist the Northern, VA Kids Cafe team with data entry and other administrative projects.
- Enter data into an Access database.
- Follow up with sites that have not submitted reports.
- Assist with organizing and updating the current filing system.
- At least 18 years of age
- Strong attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Some experience with computers
Staff will train volunteer in each specific area of need.
Volunteer Work Schedule:
- Ongoing, regular commitment, at least 5 hour/week
- Willingness to commit for at least 2 months
- Schedule is flexible during the work week; at least 5 hours to be scheduled Monday - Friday between 8:00-4:30
- Lorton, VA branch - 6833 Hill Park Drive, Lorton, VA, 22079
Impact of this volunteer opportunity:
- By completing data entry and following up on missing reports, you will help the team complete all reports on time which will ensure that we receive maximum funding for meals and snacks for children
- Help enable children to benefit from safe afterschool enrichment programs through providing consistent nutritious meals
More opportunities with Capital Area Food Bank2 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Capital Area Food Bank
4900 Puerto Rico Ave, NE, Washington, DC 20017, US
The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank is to create access to good, healthy food in every community.
In a region as large as metropolitan Washington, ensuring everyone has access to good, healthy food takes a significant community effort-which is why we partner with over 450 nonprofit organizations in DC and the surrounding region. Together, we provide 30 million meals to almost half a million area residents, every year. And because we know that food alone won’t solve hunger, we also address the root causes of hunger through multiple education programs and innovative service delivery partnerships.
It’s a big undertaking. And it’s all made possible by the generosity of our donors, the hard work of our partners, and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
6833 Hill Park DriveLorton, VA 22079
May 15, 2013
- People 55+