* Provide competent, reliable and ongoing respite service to assigned families.
* Offer encouragement and support to caregivers and act as part of the family's support team to help keep the family intact and healthy as they care for another family member.
* Attend and participate in monthly member development and reflective sessions and take part in other program activities as planned.
* Maintain and submit on a timely basis service activity logs, monthly timesheets, progress reports and other paperwork as required.
* Demonstrate the impact of service provided by AmeriCorps - Legacy Corps members both verbally and in the monthly service activity log.
* Possess compassion, patience, flexibility and respect for others.
* Work with diverse individuals, families, groups and organizations.
* A $200 monthly living allowance, $1468 educational award and other benefits are available to program members. Educational grants can be gifted to a child, grandchild or foster child (for volunteers who are over 55).
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1 yr term/minimum commitment 10 hrs/week
- US national/lawful permanent USA resident
- Cultural Orientation Interpreter
- Be a companion for a senior.
- Make A Meal Volunteer
- Cultural Orientation Teacher
- Make Fleece Blankets for Camp...
- Homeless Youth Support
- Homeless Youth Apartment...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Immersion Experience
- Crisis Nursery Volunteer
- Shelter Support Volunteer
- Extended Cultural Orientation...
- Family Support Volunteer
- Respite Care Volunteer
- Support Youth Experiencing...