Position: Board Member
Type: Volunteer/Unpaid Position (multiple)
Time Commitment: 2 hrs-/month
Position Description: Lauren’s House 4 Positive change is looking for members of Board of Directors with background in Finance, Education, Law, and NPO management to advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of LH4PC so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
This is a volunteer position that works as a member of Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change and requires participation in Board meetings, and has the potential for some telecommuting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out Mission, Vision, and Values of the Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of LH4PC. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: One year, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board meets the first Sunday of every month from 12 noon-2 pm in East Palo Alto.
- Committees of the board meet on an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
Expectations from the board member:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as and when possible.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by LH4PC mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote LH4PC mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with LH4PC finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of LH4PC.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in education, business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change’s beneficiaries.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities such as integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change’s beneficiaries.
Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you are an ideal candidate for this position.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment