- THE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT MUST BE LOCAL TO NEW JERSEY (Closest to Smerset County is better). All work can be completed remotely, however to organize, hand over paper documents/information to be organized and compiled - having local volunteers to do this would be ideal.
Spring Reins of Life 501c3 (SROL) is a volunteer run organization which allows us to offer the majority of all of our funding to programming costs for trauma survivors in New Jersey.
Because we are run by volunteers we are always seeking people with good experience and skills to help us grow and continue our mission of serving PTSD veterans, at risk youth teens and young children suffering loss.
Are you a Guru in any of the following areas? If so and you love horses, please contact us right away!
- Database building and management (Excel or Otherwise)
- Creating filing labels and organizational systems
- Revamp and manage databases (donors, sponsors, volunteers, newsletters, etc)
- Powerpoint (or other presentaiton platforms)
- Crowd-funding promotion
- Creating & printing of Appreciation Certificates (keeping a database for that)
- Monitoring / creating donation reciepts (both DIK and funding), thank you letters, and basic correspondence
They say it takes a village, and we are building one!
Please "LIKE" us on Facebook, Follow on Twitter and help spread the word.
If you shop online - check out iGive: over 1700 name stores with huge discounts - respectable % of proceeds go to nonprofits. Register at iGive for Spring Reins of Life (we are also listed/verified on AmazonSmile).
In our world - Horses are the key to managing, coping and excelling beyond trauma. Veterans, At Risk/High Risk Youth and Bereaved Young Children. The majority of our clients either do not want to or simply cannot "talk about it". Most have never been around a horse before, yet they tell us its the one thing that can bring them peace, present moment and rebuild trust...
*SRoL is the first and currently the only EAGALA program in New Jersey to have earned and been awarded the "Military Services Provider Certificate" (since 2013).
*SRoL is under contract to the NJJJC working with incarcerated youth (males) at NJTS (New Jersey Training School/State Home for Boys) in Jamesburg NJ.
*SRoL is the home belonging to STRAW The Miracle Mare (Chicken Soup for the Soul book 2014), rescued in 2011 and funded by Viggo Mortensen, Jewel and Betty White, WINNER of the 2013 NJVMA Service Animal Hall of Fame awards for her valiant work as an EAP horse in the arena with veterans and youth. (Straw made her journey 4/29/14, and while her presence is missed her presents are with us everyday).
"Sometimes life's most complex and difficult questions...just may be resolved with the help and guidance of...A HORSE!"
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Resource Development / Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week
- Would be helpful if located within Central New Jersey, NYC area.