SRoL is Looking for Amazing Administrative Support. We need volunteers who are local to New Jersey (Closest to Hunterdon/Somerset County is best). All work can be completed remotely, however to organize, hand over paper documents/information to be organized and compiled - having local volunteers to do this would be ideal.
Spring Reins of Life 501c3 (SROL) is a volunteer run organization which allows us to offer the majority of all of our funding to programming costs benefiting veteran & youth trauma survivors in New Jersey.
Because SRoL operates with the support of dedicated and passionate volunteers we are always seeking people with skilled experience that can help us grow and continue our mission of serving veterans, at risk teens and young children suffering loss.
Are you an expert at various administrative skills? Are you passionate about ending the 22+ veteran suicides per day? Do you love horses? Care about forgotten/abused teens? If so and you love horses, please contact us right away! Can you give SRoL a few hours per week? If so - please let us know what interests you from the following list.
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT. SRoL is building several - Volunteers, Donors, Sponsors, Advocates, Community Outreach, Town/State/National political interest, etc. Skill-set is in Excel. This role is hugely important to our growth. The person fulfilling this role must be reliable, detail oriented, professional, and able to interact on behalf of SRoL. This volunteer would report to and work with the Chairman of our board.
- RESEARCHING VARIOUS PROJECTS/ INTERESTS FOR SRoL. Are you really good at digging for information and assimilating that? Often we come up with specific needs or activities that will require several pieces to come to fruition. A talented researching mind is needed here to help us find the contacts who are most suited to helping with a project or our programming. Sponsor outreach, unique funding opportunities, community contacts, etc.) End use information/ lists would be added to the appropriate database.
- GENERAL OFFICE ASSISTANCE - labeling, filing, sorting, cleaning, organizing, etc. As a HIPAA compliant provider some documents are private/ confidential so discretion would be inserted. This option must be for someone local to Three Bridges area who can come to the office on the farm to provide assistance.
- CREATE PRESENTATIONS (Powerpoint or other platforms). Periodically SRoL is asked to present our work to an audience. Can be for students of mental health, veterans agencies, high schools with at risk population, etc. We seek someone with expertise at creating engaging presentations which can include photos, videos, media and other graphics to leave a lasting impression.
- DONOR-SPONSOR-VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION CERTIFICATES. This task is fairly simple yet needs someone to pay attention to it and keep records. SRoL enjoys sending donors, sponsors, outstanding volunteers, and even clients "Appreciation or Recognition Certificates" - a caring, detail oriented volunteer is who we seek to take ownership of this process.
- DONOR & DIK RECEIPT MANAGEMENT. SRoL is looking for a skilled administrative assistant to handle creating, logging, updating, printing, have CC sign, filing copy, and mailing original donation receipts for monetary donations (donors) as well as goods & services donations (DIK). The process will be taught to the right volunteer who then would be in charge of managing this aspect of SRoL's paperwork and vital outreach and correspondence. This volunteer would work directly with cofounder, and report to both SRoL treasurer and vice chairman depending on topics. This role would require monthly activity of a few hours and then some extra time in the autumn to outreach and track year end donations.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO COFOUNDER. Local volunteer only as physical presence is required. Co-founder of SRoL, Christianna Capra (CC) has too many hats to wear, SRoL is seeking a skilled admin to help organize, create schedules, create call back lists, help bullet point weekly lists, instill calendar deadlines, help to organize and spearhead projects and outreach efforts, assist in mail merges for mailings, help to coordinate other admin volunteers, assist CC in her to do lists for events and other outreach or awareness efforts.
They say it takes a village, and we are building one!
Please "LIKE" us on Facebook, Follow on Twitter and help spread the word.
If you shop online - check out iGive: over 1700 name stores with huge discounts - respectable % of proceeds go to nonprofits. Register at iGive for Spring Reins of Life (we are also listed/verified on AmazonSmile).
In our world - Horses are the key to managing, coping and excelling beyond trauma. Veterans, At Risk/High Risk Youth and Bereaved Young Children. The majority of our clients either do not want to or simply cannot "talk about it". Most have never been around a horse before, yet they tell us its the one thing that can bring them peace, present moment and rebuild trust...
"Sometimes life's most complex and difficult questions...just may be resolved with the help and guidance of...A HORSE!"