Lauren's House 4 Positive Change Inc
The mission of Lauren's House 4 Positive Change is to provide a safe environment for at-risk children, youth and families from primarily in San Mateo County where they are exposed to new experiences that expand their minds.
Position: Grant Writer
Time Commitment: 8-12 hr/week
Position Description: Lauren’s House 4 Positive change is looking for a Grant Writer, who will be primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change’s mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will research, write, and prepare grant proposals and reports that align with Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change’s mission.
This is a volunteer position that works as a member of Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change’s Grants and Fund Development Team and requires participation in regular staff meetings and training, and has the potential for some telecommuting. The candidate is requested to have his/her own laptop and communications tools. In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the Executive Director of Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change or the immediate supervisor, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its mission.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, write, and submit compelling and timely letters of inquiry and grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and other entities.
- Work with teams as needed to develop project descriptions, timelines, evaluation plans, and budgets.
- Prepare and submit reports and updates to funders in a timely fashion.
- Support research of new funding prospects for different programs offered by our organization.
- Maintain up-to-date online and physical files of all grant-related content and correspondence.
- Attend meetings related to grants and fund development.
- Participate in staff trainings and attend special events (as and when needed).
- Conduct other duties related to successful grants and fund development.
Qualities and Skills:
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent grant writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, take initiative, work independently and as a team-member.
- Ability to meet deadlines while also paying close attention to details and accuracy.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to work within a growing organization.
- Flexibility and strong commitment to collaboration.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to professional ethics.Ability to work in deadline driven environment.
- Grant writing experience will be preferred.
Lauren’s House 4 Positive Change is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you are an idealcandidate for this position.
About Lauren's House 4 Positive Change Inc
994 Beech St, E. Palo Alto, CA 94303, US
The mission of Lauren's House 4 Positive Change is to provide a safe environment for at-risk children, youth and families from San Mateo County where they are exposed to new experiences that expand their minds.
Since 2009 we have been providing free after-school and summer programs to low-income and homeless children and youth (5-18 years), as well as services for their families.We focus on developing the entire person, with service learning opportunities, tutoring and mentoring, professional counseling, enrichment activities, healthy meals, and programs to strengthen the family.