SAY's EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) program provides free filing for tax returns for low - to moderate income families and individuals.
SAY is looking for volunteers who will help set up client appointments, handle a large volume of phone calls, greet clients, assist in administrative duties, engage one-on-one with families or assist with the EITC phone screening process for the SAY Office in the Kearney Mesa area!
This is an excellent opportunity and great experience for students, seniors and professionals!
Location: SAY San Diego in Kearny Mesa at 8755 Aero Drive, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123
Start Date/End Date: Jan. 8th, 2018 - April 30, 2018
PLEASE SIGN UP BEFORE JANUARY 12th.
- Set up client appointments
- Phone screen potential clients
- Call and speak with clients
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate in a professional, pleasant and courteous manner.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Proficient keyboard skills, including typing, word processing.
- Ability to keep accurate detailed records.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not mandatory.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Time Commitment: Once a week (Monday through Friday) for 3-4 hours between 8:00am - 8:00pm
Training and Support: Volunteers will receive a 10-15 minute Code of Conduct training.
- Gain experience in basic tax filing, business and administration work
- Become familiar with SAY San Diego’s resources
Maria Contreras, Program Supervisor
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week (Monday through Friday) for 3-4 hours