Volunteers/Board of Directors Wanted
39 people are interested
June 13, 2014
To Whom It May Concern
Potential Board of Directors
Independent Living Housing, Inc. (ILHI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established for the charitable purpose of providing life skills and educational services to developmentally challenged youth and young adults in metro Detroit. ILHI has been in existence since 1998 and has positively impacted the lives of many of youth and young adults.
Independent Living Housing, Inc. is organizing its board of directors for the next one year. We are seeking people to help promote the educational opportunities for gifted and talented students in the area. Our ability to create positive educational and social outcomes for our developmentally challenged youth and young adults depends on the quality of leadership we can attract and our ability to work together.We are seeking people with variety of skills and experiences such as in housing management, housing authority, engineering, urban planner, builder,social worker, psychologist, Behavioral health, .....
Please offer to support our organization, which is primarily composed of volunteers and operate on a shoe-string budget. WE AND OUR CHILDREN NEED YOUR HELP!
To express your interest in supporting the mission of ILHI, please contact me at my email address of firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and a detailed cover letter.
Independent Living Housing, Inc.
Board of Directors
The duties of this board of directors are:
- To be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, programs, and events.
- Attend all board and committee meetings and functions.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- To make an annual financial contribution of ($2,500.00).
- To participate in fund raising events.
- Promote the organization in a positive manner throughout the community.
- Serve on committees and offer to take on special assignments.
This board may meet for one to two hour every month.
About Independent living Housing, Inc
33 E. Forest, Detroit, MI 48202, US
Is to provides independent lving program along with safe, decent and afforabled housing for person and famiies with learning disabilities and Behavior Health.
OUR PROGRAM ILH developed the Todays Youth program to enhance the self-esteem and teach life skills to youth and young adults who are learning-disabled and developmentally challenged. Youth with learning disabilities can lead enriched lives when they are in an environment that builds their self-confidence and skills. The self-esteem workshops and after-school tutorials are designed to help youth build positive self-esteem; identify emotional spirals; understand and apply effective conflict resolution; improve their proficiency in reading, writing, math, science, computer and study skills; and prepare them for reading and MEAP testing.
We'll work with your schedule.
33 E. Forest AveDetroit, MI 48201
- Family Therapy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Sales Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month outside of board meeting.
- We need Social Media, Social Science, Marketing and Communication degrees experienced would be a plus. Must have the desires to work to improve life for people who are learning disabled and or poor, who believes these person should be treating then .