June 13, 2014
To Whom It May Concern
Potential Board of Directors
Independent Living Housing, Inc. (ILHI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established for the charitable purpose of providing life skills and educational services to developmentally challenged youth and young adults in metro Detroit. ILHI has been in existence since 1998 and has positively impacted the lives of many of youth and young adults.
Independent Living Housing, Inc. is organizing its board of directors for the next one year. We are seeking people to help promote the educational opportunities for gifted and talented students in the area. Our ability to create positive educational and social outcomes for our developmentally challenged youth and young adults depends on the quality of leadership we can attract and our ability to work together.We are seeking people with variety of skills and experiences such as in housing management, housing authority, engineering, urban planner, builder,social worker, psychologist, Behavioral health, .....
Please offer to support our organization, which is primarily composed of volunteers and operate on a shoe-string budget. WE AND OUR CHILDREN NEED YOUR HELP!
To express your interest in supporting the mission of ILHI, please contact me at my email address of email@example.com
Independent Living Housing, Inc.
Board of Directors
The duties of this board of directors are:
- To be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, programs, and events.
- Attend all board and committee meetings and functions.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- To make an annual financial contribution of ($2,500.00).
- To participate in fund raising events.
- Promote the organization in a positive manner throughout the community.
- Serve on committees and offer to take on special assignments.
This board may meet for one to two hour every month.
- Family Therapy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Sales Marketing
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month
- there maybe time when the org required more of you
- Volunteer Grant Writer
- Reading Teacher
- Fundraising Committee Officers
- Writers desperately needed
- Marketing/Public Relations...
- Volunteer Chairman for...
- Committee Members
- Executive/Administrative Assistant
- Re: Volunteer Reading Teacher
- fundraising activities
- Want an Internship Opportunity...
- Job Developer/Business Manager
- Volunteers/Board of Directors...
- Grant writer/Program Coordinator
- Volunteer Reading Teacher