As a Hospice volunteer, the benefits you will gain are unmeasurable. You will have agreater appreciation for life and understanding of what truly is important.
Our volunteers help provide assistance to both the patient and the family in fulfilling ones end of life journey They do that by:
- Providing compassionate non medical care
- Being there body, mind and sprit
- Providing companionship
- Interaction and involvement in hobbies or activities
- Reading; Favorite books, current events or Scripture
- Writing; Journals, letters or memories to pass on to loved ones
- Healing Therapies; Pet Therapy, Music Therapy and healing touch
Volunteers are also able to assist family members by:
- Providing a listening ear
- Giving the caregiver a needed break
- Running errands
- Peace of mind knowing your loved one has companionship
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Bereavement Administrative...
- Hillcrest Hospice Care seeking...
- Hillcrest Physical Therapy...
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking to get your youth...
- Hillcrest Companionship Volunteers
- Beauty Salon Volunteer