As a Hospice volunteer, the benefits you will gain are unmeasurable. You will have a greater appreciation for life and a better understanding of what truly is important.
Our volunteers help provide assistance to both the patient and the family in fulfilling ones end of life journey. They do that by:
- Providing compassionate non medical care
- Being there body, mind and sprit
- Providing companionship
- Interaction and involvement in hobbies or activities
- Reading; Favorite books, current events or Scripture
- Writing; Journals, letters or memories to pass on to loved ones
- Healing Therapies; Pet Therapy, Music Therapy and healing touch
Volunteers are also able to assist family members by:
- Providing a listening ear
- Giving the caregiver a needed break
- Running errands
- Peace of mind knowing your loved one has companionship
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Bereavement Administrative...
- Calling all Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities at...
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking to get your youth...
- Looking for Volunteer...
- Hillcrest Companionship Volunteers
- Pet Therapy-Hillcrest Health...
- Beauty Salon Volunteer