As a Hospice volunteer, the benefits you will gain are unmeasurable. You will have a greater appreciation for life and a better understanding of what truly is important.
Our volunteers help provide assistance to both the patient and the family in fulfilling ones end of life journey. They do that by:
- Providing compassionate non medical care
- Providing companionship
- Interaction and involvement in hobbies or activities
- Reading; Favorite books, current events or Scripture
- Writing; Journals, letters or memories to pass on to loved ones
- Healing Therapies; Pet Therapy and healing touch
Volunteers are also able to assist family members by:
- Providing a listening ear
- Giving the caregiver a needed break
- Peace of mind knowing your loved one has companionship
No experience necessary. End of Life Training and on-going education provided.
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Men's Group Leader
- Manicure Volunteers
- Weekend Volunteers (Self...
- Retired? Looking to have fun...
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Manicures-Hillcrest Health...
- Give the best gift of all--your...
- Volunteer for Hillcrest Health...
- Pet Therapy/Visitation-Hillcrest...
- Grief Support Volunteer
- Field Trip Volunteers
- Spiritual Care Volunteers
- Piano Players Needed
- Bingo Callers
- Pet Visitation Volunteers
- Vet to Vet Companionship Care
- No One Dies Alone Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities for...
- End of Life Care Volunteers
- Musically Talented Volunteers