End of Life Care Volunteers-Sarpy, Douglas, Saunders, Cass, Washington Counties
62 people are interested
As a Hospice volunteer, the benefits you will gain are unmeasurable. You will have a greater appreciation for life and a better understanding of what truly is important.
Our volunteers help provide assistance to both the patient and the family in fulfilling ones end of life journey. They do that by:
- Providing compassionate non medical care
- Providing companionship
- Interaction and involvement in hobbies or activities
- Reading; Favorite books, current events or Scripture
- Writing; Journals, letters or memories to pass on to loved ones
- Healing Therapies; Pet Therapy and healing touch
Volunteers are also able to assist family members by:
- Providing a listening ear
- Giving the caregiver a needed break
- Peace of mind knowing your loved one has companionship
No experience necessary. End of Life Training and on-going education provided.
About Hillcrest Health Services
1820 Hillcrest Drive, Suite B, Bellevue, NE 68005, US
We Enhance the Lives of Aging Adults
Hillcrest Health Services enhances the lives of aging adults and their families every day through the region's largest continuum of services.
We'll work with your schedule.
Douglas, Sarpy, Cass, Washington, Dodge CountiesOmaha, NE 68144
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week