DONATE TO THIS
35 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Human Health Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
35 people are interested
Human Health Project (HHP)’s has a three- pronged foundation: Holistic Peer-to-Peer Information, Education and Support. Our objective is to empower people to manage their own health. For more information, please visit our website.
We are seeking a sharp attorney to act as lead counsel to HHP. Someone regularly advising on legal needs in one or more relevant areas of healthcare or business law and someone to provide strategic advice from a legal perspective.
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
Member in good standing of at least one U. S. State Bar.
At least 7 years experience as a practicing lawyer, including 4 years with healthcare legal matters in a law firm, health system’s legal department, government agency or federal clerkship with direct involvement in relevant matters, especially intellectual property, general business law, and medical professional liability, risk management and/or telemedicine.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical, research and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in computer software applications and systems, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and internet based search and research technologies.
- Excellent independent judgment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercises excellent independent judgment as lead counsel and advisor.
- Responsible for identifying, addressing and managing legal needs in support of business and strategic objectives for HHP.
- Attends HHP Board and Management meetings (by phone).
- Provides strategic advice on how HHP’s long-term plans must take into account intellectual property and medical professional liability risks and restrictions, especially with regard to the provision of medical information and advice to the public at no charge and professional collaboration between/among volunteer health care providers.
- Develops and maintains expertise regarding the healthcare industry, the business and strategic objectives of HHP and relevant federal, state and local healthcare laws and regulations.
- Conducts complex legal analyses and develops timely and pragmatic legal solutions to business problems, including contracting, business arrangements, consumer issues and regulatory compliance issues.
- Provides advice and counsel, both in writing and verbally, to HHP executive staff on wide range of legal issues relating to business and transactional matters such as HHP member and volunteer arrangements, laboratory services, accreditation and licensure issues, medical staff matters and credentialing.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, prioritization and delegation skills while working with minimal supervision.
- Advises HHP on compliance with governmental and accreditation regulation.
- Manages and supports outside counsel, as needed.
About Human Health Project
2271 Vandalia Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90032, US
Our Mission: To drive patient-centered health outcomes by harnessing data collected by a global online community who share their treatment outcomes, enhanced by clinical evidence-based best practices
Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 28, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Legal (General)
- Intellectual Property
- Please fill out the Application form to complete the HHP application process. You can copy & paste the link into your web browser. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnvpQA9F_Tjbkfot-9qs5ZlQWHtx-Dp0E9e0aFn0MinthjBA/viewform?usp=sf_link